The Golden LEAF Foundation seeks a motivated, detail-oriented, quick learner to join the team at Golden LEAF to serve as Finance and HR Coordinator.
About Golden LEAF
The Golden LEAF Foundation was established in 1999 to administer a portion of the tobacco settlement agreement monies and award funds to support projects in North Carolina’s rural and economically distressed communities. For almost 20 years, the nonprofit has partnered with state and local governments and other foundations to build economic opportunity across North Carolina through leadership in grantmaking, collaboration, innovation, and stewardship as an independent and perpetual foundation.
The Foundation, governed by a board of directors appointed by leaders of North Carolina’s legislative and executive branches, has focused on critical issues facing rural communities including bringing jobs and building industry by providing resources to communities, awarding scholarships to rural students and administering the state’s relief efforts following natural disasters.
The Finance and HR Coordinator is responsible for providing accounting/financial support, and human resources oversight. The Finance and HR Coordinator reports to the Controller.
- Verify account balances for grantee payments and operating accounts; implement wire transfers and maintain wire transfer and signatory authorization records; process operating and grantee payments; maintain vendor records
- Record journal entries for payroll in general ledger (salaries, retirement, payroll taxes, etc.)
- Post accounts receivable and accounts payable / prepare bank deposits, maintain deposit ledger
- Manage Treasury & QuickBooks Software
- Manage various reporting requirements
- Continually assess and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Support preparation of account reconciliations
- Support preparation of Sales Tax Refund Form
- Provide assistance with schedules for Form 990 Tax Returns
- Oversight and management of human resource activities include, but are not limited to, coordinating employee benefits, monitoring vacation and sick leave accrual, maintaining employee records.
- Development and maintenance of an HR portal for employees
- Development and oversight of HR-related training for employees
- Manage ADP applications (i.e. Timekeeping)
- Must be self-motivated, results-driven and possess strong leadership skills to manage and improve the efficiency of the Foundation’s operations
- Demonstrate a high standard of excellence, accuracy and consistency, personal integrity, and accountability
- Possess strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize under deadlines is essential
- Must demonstrate the capacity to handle competing external and internal deadlines in a fast-paced environment with the ability and temperament to pivot priorities on short notice is essential
- Familiarity with rural North Carolina and commitment to the mission of the Golden LEAF Foundation is highly desired
- At least three years of related experience in accounting/finance, including general accounting experience in the not-for-profit or governmental sector
- Knowledge/understanding of internal control practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of common software programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and QuickBooks
This position will be based at the Golden LEAF offices at 301 N. Winstead Avenue in Rocky Mount, NC. This position is expected to work from the office with some flexibility for hybrid work after 90 days.
Compensation and Benefits
Finance and HR position is a full-time, professional position with compensation and benefits commensurate with responsibilities and experience. This position has an anticipated hiring range of $55,000 – $65,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Golden LEAF offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Golden LEAF paid contributions to a retirement plan at the rate of ten percent (10%) of base salary with no required contribution by the employee.
- Enrollment in Golden LEAF’s medical insurance plan for the employee and dependents. The plan pays a benefit of 90% of medical costs once the deductible has been met. Golden LEAF contributes to a Health Savings Account (HSA) in the employee’s name to help offset the cost of the deductible. Golden LEAF pays all medical plan premiums, provided that premiums plus HSA contribution total less than $21,000.
- Enrollment in Golden LEAF’s dental plan for the employee and dependents, maximum benefits are $1,000 per person in the plan year.
- Enrollment in a long-term disability insurance plan and a life insurance plan.
- Annual leave and sick leave. Golden LEAF has 12 official holidays per year.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until a successful candidate is identified.
Golden LEAF will conduct a criminal background check and may conduct additional background checks and drug tests of applicants as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
Questions about this position can be directed to Kasey Ginsberg, Vice President/Chief of Staff by email: email@example.com. Applications must be submitted using the form below.
Completion of all fields in the form below is required for submission.
A confirmation message will appear following a successful submission. If you have any questions or experience technical difficulties, please contact Kasey Ginsberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.